MADISON, Wis. - The Judge Doyle Square Committee unanimously chose the JDS Development proposal to recommend to the common council.
The company proposing the development is made up of the Hammes Company of Madison and Majestic Realty out of Los Angeles.
The plan includes a municipal building makeover and a hotel near the Monona Terrace. The committee also approved a set of nine guidelines for the project involving the number of rooms, parking and fitting in with the look of the Monona Terrace.
There has been a lot of back and forth about the proposed project. The biggest concerns have been how long the construction would take and the amount of money it would take to build.
The project will cost at least $160 million and will use TIF funds.
The common council will vote on the proposal in late February or early March. If approved, developers and the city will begin negotiations.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK