CENTER CITY, Minn. - Authorities have recovered the body of a Minnesota man who died after jumping off a cliff into the St. Croix River.
The Chisago County sheriff's office identifies the victim as 20-year-old Alex William Vitalis of Shafer.
The St. Paul Pioneer Press reports Vitalis' body was found Tuesday afternoon by a member of the Stacy Lent Dive team.
Authorities responded Monday after receiving a report of a man jumping into the river and not surfacing in the area of the Franconia Landing.
- Driver who nearly strikes state patrol car charged with 4th OWI, trooper says
- Man pulls gun during road rage incident, police say
- Police warn of kidnapping scam
- Driver injured in suspected OWI rollover, deputies say
- King holiday takes on added significance in age of Trump
- Man caught speeding suspected of 4th OWI, deputies say