MADISON, Wis. - Madison Alder Lisa Subeck has won the Democratic primary for state Assembly in the 78th District, which is Madison's far west side.
Subeck won Tuesday's primary, but because no Republicans are running in the fall she has won the seat.
Subeck beat Mark Clear, who is a CEO of a tech company and head of Accelerate Madison.
But that's where he and his opponent, Subeck, disagree. Subeck, a proud Progressive, has opposed Clear on more than one city council issue.
Subeck has been head of Naral Pro-Choice Wisconsin, and most recently led efforts at United Wisconsin.
Unofficial numbers reported at 10:30 p.m. show Subeck with 57 percent of the votes and Clear with 43 percent of the votes.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK