MADISON, Wis. - Madison will celebrate the Summer Solstice with a city-wide music festival Friday.
The festival, Make Music Madison, is part of a national movement with 450 communities around the world.
More than 270 artists and musical groups will be taking part in Madison, performing on various street corners, stages and venues.
"The idea here is to give us shared experiences that we wouldn't otherwise have, to hear music that's not normally in our wheelhouse or on our electronic devices," said Madison Mayor Paul Soglin.
You can find more at www.makemusicmadison.org
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say
- Car reported missing discovered crashed into condo, police say
- Driver who nearly strikes state patrol car charged with 4th OWI, trooper says