MADISON, Wis. - Madison will celebrate the Summer Solstice with a city-wide music festival Friday.
The festival, Make Music Madison, is part of a national movement with 450 communities around the world.
More than 270 artists and musical groups will be taking part in Madison, performing on various street corners, stages and venues.
"The idea here is to give us shared experiences that we wouldn't otherwise have, to hear music that's not normally in our wheelhouse or on our electronic devices," said Madison Mayor Paul Soglin.
You can find more at www.makemusicmadison.org
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Agriculture secretary to Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in state
- Food delivery drivers targeted in Madison robberies, police say
- Fire marshal called to 2 fires in Jefferson County
- Witness: Man points gun at kids playing basketball
- License plate left behind at hit-and-run scene IDs driver, police say