MADISON, Wis. - Madison will celebrate the Summer Solstice with a city-wide music festival Friday.
The festival, Make Music Madison, is part of a national movement with 450 communities around the world.
More than 270 artists and musical groups will be taking part in Madison, performing on various street corners, stages and venues.
"The idea here is to give us shared experiences that we wouldn't otherwise have, to hear music that's not normally in our wheelhouse or on our electronic devices," said Madison Mayor Paul Soglin.
You can find more at www.makemusicmadison.org
- Groups call for tax changes to free up $900M
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer