MADISON, Wis. - Madison will celebrate the Summer Solstice with a city-wide music festival Friday.
The festival, Make Music Madison, is part of a national movement with 450 communities around the world.
More than 270 artists and musical groups will be taking part in Madison, performing on various street corners, stages and venues.
"The idea here is to give us shared experiences that we wouldn't otherwise have, to hear music that's not normally in our wheelhouse or on our electronic devices," said Madison Mayor Paul Soglin.
You can find more at www.makemusicmadison.org
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg visits Madison Sunday
- Wisconsin, U.S. used flawed hair evidence to convict innocent people
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant