MADISON, Wis. - Residents and students are invited to a preconstruction meeting about the reconstruction of the 700 and 800 blocks of State Street and Library Mall May 19, according to a release.
The reconstruction will create a public space at the intersection of State Street and East Campus Mall, officials said.
The meeting will start at 10 a.m. with a short presentation of the final design and planned construction staging, according to the release. Construction is anticipated to last through the summer and into the fall.
State Street and Library mall will stay open to pedestrian traffic through the project, officials said. Access to buildings will be maintained, but short-term closures are possible to complete utility construction and paving.
Staff from city of Madison engineering, the University of Wisconsin-Madison, the design team and the project's contractor will be available after the presentation to answer questions, according to the release.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK