MADISON, Wis. - Residents and students are invited to a preconstruction meeting about the reconstruction of the 700 and 800 blocks of State Street and Library Mall May 19, according to a release.
The reconstruction will create a public space at the intersection of State Street and East Campus Mall, officials said.
The meeting will start at 10 a.m. with a short presentation of the final design and planned construction staging, according to the release. Construction is anticipated to last through the summer and into the fall.
State Street and Library mall will stay open to pedestrian traffic through the project, officials said. Access to buildings will be maintained, but short-term closures are possible to complete utility construction and paving.
Staff from city of Madison engineering, the University of Wisconsin-Madison, the design team and the project's contractor will be available after the presentation to answer questions, according to the release.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land