MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are giving citizens credit for an arrest made in a stolen vehicle case Wednesday.
According to police, a Jeep was reported stolen at 7:19 a.m. in the 7300 block of Sawmill Road, and after 11 a.m. an officer spotted the Jeep driving on Gammon Road near Memorial High School.
The officer followed the Jeep into the West Towne Mall parking lot where the driver fled, according to police.
Officers said alert citizens told police the direction the driver fled and the man was arrested inside the mall.
Jamal S. Jackson, 21, of Madison, was arrested on suspicion of operating a vehicle without the owner's consent and on a parole hold.
Police said Jackson has been arrested on other occasions on suspicion of thefts and burglaries.
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates a bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash
- Man says Milwaukee sheriff Clarke detained him after run-in