MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are giving citizens credit for an arrest made in a stolen vehicle case Wednesday.
According to police, a Jeep was reported stolen at 7:19 a.m. in the 7300 block of Sawmill Road, and after 11 a.m. an officer spotted the Jeep driving on Gammon Road near Memorial High School.
The officer followed the Jeep into the West Towne Mall parking lot where the driver fled, according to police.
Officers said alert citizens told police the direction the driver fled and the man was arrested inside the mall.
Jamal S. Jackson, 21, of Madison, was arrested on suspicion of operating a vehicle without the owner's consent and on a parole hold.
Police said Jackson has been arrested on other occasions on suspicion of thefts and burglaries.
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Police questioning suspect in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two