MADISON, Wis. - A Legislative Fiscal Bureau analysis released last week said Circus World Museum's 2013 operating budget assumed expenses would outpace revenues by $97,500. The analysis said the museum's foundation planned to fill the hole with gifts and uncommitted endowment funds.
Foundation officials say the analysis was based on a proposed budget. The spending plan the foundation's board approved in December assumes the museum will generate $70,000 more than the preliminary budget estimated, resulting in a $29,335 shortfall.
The foundation plans to cover the deficit with $100,000 in gifts and endowments, resulting in a net balance of $70,665.
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles
- Woman pinned in van after crash with ambulance on Hwy. 12
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter