MADISON, Wis. - A Legislative Fiscal Bureau analysis released last week said Circus World Museum's 2013 operating budget assumed expenses would outpace revenues by $97,500. The analysis said the museum's foundation planned to fill the hole with gifts and uncommitted endowment funds.
Foundation officials say the analysis was based on a proposed budget. The spending plan the foundation's board approved in December assumes the museum will generate $70,000 more than the preliminary budget estimated, resulting in a $29,335 shortfall.
The foundation plans to cover the deficit with $100,000 in gifts and endowments, resulting in a net balance of $70,665.
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI
- Highway 151 reopens near Blue Mounds after semi vs. car crash
- Police: Family member found elderly woman dead in garage with head wound