MADISON, Wis. - A Legislative Fiscal Bureau analysis released last week said Circus World Museum's 2013 operating budget assumed expenses would outpace revenues by $97,500. The analysis said the museum's foundation planned to fill the hole with gifts and uncommitted endowment funds.
Foundation officials say the analysis was based on a proposed budget. The spending plan the foundation's board approved in December assumes the museum will generate $70,000 more than the preliminary budget estimated, resulting in a $29,335 shortfall.
The foundation plans to cover the deficit with $100,000 in gifts and endowments, resulting in a net balance of $70,665.
- Chief: Monday 'a horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Look, up in the sky! It's gypsy moth sprayers
- AG Schimel: Undercover campaign videos reveal no crime