MADISON, Wis. - Police said boxes of cigarettes were stolen when a man broke into a closed north side drug store Friday night.
Madison police said the robber used a rock to break the glass door on the Walgreens at 1725 Northport Drive at 10:33 p.m.
The man entered the closed store, jumped over the cashier counter and grabbed boxes of cigarettes, according to the report. An employee heard the commotion and approached the front of the store. When she tried to stop the robber he butted her with his should, which caused her to fall. The man then fled the store.
Police said the woman working at Walgreens was not injured.
The robber was described as black, in his mid-20s between 5 feet 9 inches and 6 feet 4 inches tall with a thin build, the report said. He was wearing a tan or brown hat, camouflage sweatshirt, camouflage pants and tan boots.Madison crime map
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say