MADISON, Wis. - Police said boxes of cigarettes were stolen when a man broke into a closed north side drug store Friday night.
Madison police said the robber used a rock to break the glass door on the Walgreens at 1725 Northport Drive at 10:33 p.m.
The man entered the closed store, jumped over the cashier counter and grabbed boxes of cigarettes, according to the report. An employee heard the commotion and approached the front of the store. When she tried to stop the robber he butted her with his should, which caused her to fall. The man then fled the store.
Police said the woman working at Walgreens was not injured.
The robber was described as black, in his mid-20s between 5 feet 9 inches and 6 feet 4 inches tall with a thin build, the report said. He was wearing a tan or brown hat, camouflage sweatshirt, camouflage pants and tan boots.Madison crime map
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral