MADISON, Wis. - Police said boxes of cigarettes were stolen when a man broke into a closed north side drug store Friday night.
Madison police said the robber used a rock to break the glass door on the Walgreens at 1725 Northport Drive at 10:33 p.m.
The man entered the closed store, jumped over the cashier counter and grabbed boxes of cigarettes, according to the report. An employee heard the commotion and approached the front of the store. When she tried to stop the robber he butted her with his should, which caused her to fall. The man then fled the store.
Police said the woman working at Walgreens was not injured.
The robber was described as black, in his mid-20s between 5 feet 9 inches and 6 feet 4 inches tall with a thin build, the report said. He was wearing a tan or brown hat, camouflage sweatshirt, camouflage pants and tan boots.Madison crime map
- ‘Can we just go to jail?' suspected drunken driver asks police
- Prisons chief tells lawmaker youth facility is safe
- Man with facial injuries claims he was attacked by 3 men
- 3 new retailers coming to West Towne
- 3 children, semi driver injured in crash involving school bus
- Clyde Stubblefield to get posthumous UW honorary degree