MADISON, Wis. - A free health clinic this weekend will help get parents and students prepared for the upcoming school year.
The Calvary Gospel Church will host the Touched Twice free health clinic on Saturday. The clinic is held twice a year.
The purpose of the fall clinic is to prepare families for the school year.
Volunteers from all over Madison are excited to hold a blood drive this year, in addition to the regular services.
"We have this event as an opportunity to give to our community, and the great thing about the Red Cross Blood Drive is it gives people who are receiving service an opportunity to give back also," Registration Coordinator Stephanie Thompson said.
The church has also been receiving donations for the event, like school supplies and backpacks for the kids.
The clinic will go from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the church on Commercial Avenue. There will be walk-in registration and any members of the community are welcome to attend.
- Driver who nearly strikes state patrol car charged with 4th OWI, trooper says
- Man pulls gun during road rage incident, police say
- Police warn of kidnapping scam
- Driver injured in suspected OWI rollover, deputies say
- King holiday takes on added significance in age of Trump
- Man caught speeding suspected of 4th OWI, deputies say