MADISON, Wis. - A free health clinic this weekend will help get parents and students prepared for the upcoming school year.
The Calvary Gospel Church will host the Touched Twice free health clinic on Saturday. The clinic is held twice a year.
The purpose of the fall clinic is to prepare families for the school year.
Volunteers from all over Madison are excited to hold a blood drive this year, in addition to the regular services.
"We have this event as an opportunity to give to our community, and the great thing about the Red Cross Blood Drive is it gives people who are receiving service an opportunity to give back also," Registration Coordinator Stephanie Thompson said.
The church has also been receiving donations for the event, like school supplies and backpacks for the kids.
The clinic will go from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the church on Commercial Avenue. There will be walk-in registration and any members of the community are welcome to attend.
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two