MADISON, Wis. - A Madison church has been struck by scrap metal thieves for the third time in three years, according to police.
A maintenance worker at Trinity Lutheran Church at 1904 Winnebago Street reported on Aug. 12 that someone had cut away a 10-foot section of copper gutter tube and two 20-foot sections of copper air-conditioning pipe.
The damage was estimated at $8,000.
Copper downspouts were also stolen from the church in May 2012 and April 2011.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire