MADISON, Wis. - A Madison church has been struck by scrap metal thieves for the third time in three years, according to police.
A maintenance worker at Trinity Lutheran Church at 1904 Winnebago Street reported on Aug. 12 that someone had cut away a 10-foot section of copper gutter tube and two 20-foot sections of copper air-conditioning pipe.
The damage was estimated at $8,000.
Copper downspouts were also stolen from the church in May 2012 and April 2011.
- Girl awarded for homeless birthday program
- Woman jumps from balcony to escape fire
- Video captures man stuffing puppies into drain
- Baldwin, other senators seek assurances from Trump pick for EPA
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison