MADISON, Wis. - Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream is recalling select products that come from an outside supplier due to possible health risks, according to a release.
The Madison-based ice cream company is recalling products containing chocolate chip cookie dough pieces purchased from Aspen Hills, officials said. Aspen Hills issued a voluntary recall for their cookie dough pieces out of an abundance of caution.
Officials said the cookie dough was voluntarily recalled because the company found "lapses in its food safety system," such as inadequate documentation and failure to wear proper uniforms, that could have led to the product being contaminated.
No illnesses have been linked to the company's products, and none of the cookie dough has tested positive for listeria, according to the release.
Three gallon containers
Cookie Dough code dates: 12/29/17, 12/19/17, 12/13/17, 12/9/17, 12/6/17 11/26/17 & 11/15/17
Heaps of Love code dates: 12/29/17, 11/24/17 & 11/8/17
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough code dates: 12/1/17 & 11/18/17
Sticks & Stones code dates: 12/27/17, 12/2/17 & 11/10/17
Yippee Skippee code dates: 12/1/17
Cookie Dough code dates: 12/13/17, 12/9/17 & 11/26/17
Baked Bear brand three-gallon containers
Cookie Dough code dates: 11/26/17 & 11/15/17
Customers should throw away the affected products and contact the company at 1-800-466-8043 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a full refund.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK