LAKE GENEVA, Wis. - A house in Lake Geneva was damaged in a chimney fire Saturday night, officials said.
Lake Geneva fire crews were sent around 11:10 p.m. to 1133 Madison St. for a structure fire, according to a release.
Crews found a fire in the area of the fireplace, chimney and ceiling in the single-family home, officials said.
The resident, who had exited the home, called 911 after noticing light smoke and the wall above the fireplace turning brown, according to the release.
The living room and fireplace sustained extensive damage, officials said. No one was injured.
The cause and origin of the fire are still under investigation, according to the release.
- Baldwin, other senators seek assurances from Trump pick for EPA
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowski traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say