WHITEWATER, Wis. - Whitewater police said a child was injured in a domestic disturbance and the suspect, who fled the scene with two children, was later arrested.
Whitewater police responded to a call about 4 p.m. Monday concerning a child who had been cut during a domestic incident involving a man and several family members at a home on Janesville Street.
Before police arrived, the man fled the scene with two juvenile children, according to a Whitewater Police Department news release.
Two additional victims who had previously fled the house were transported to Fort Atkinson Memorial Hospital.
A short time later, a Rock County sheriff's deputy saw the suspect's vehicle and a chase ensued, according to the news release.
The Rock County Sheriff's Department took the suspect into custody.
The two children who were taken by the suspect were transported to a local hospital. The extent of their injuries remains unknown.
Whitewater police said the incident remains under investigation.
- Complaint: 14-year-old's father finds sexual assault suspect in closet
- Attempt to drill into SUV gas tank ignites fuel, MFD says
- New Glarus man stopped for expired vehicle registration faces 6th OWI
- Man robbed at gunpoint in parking lot, police say
- Bicyclist injured in collision with Buick, fire officials say
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing