WHITEWATER, Wis. - Whitewater police said a child was injured in a domestic disturbance and the suspect, who fled the scene with two children, was later arrested.
Whitewater police responded to a call about 4 p.m. Monday concerning a child who had been cut during a domestic incident involving a man and several family members at a home on Janesville Street.
Before police arrived, the man fled the scene with two juvenile children, according to a Whitewater Police Department news release.
Two additional victims who had previously fled the house were transported to Fort Atkinson Memorial Hospital.
A short time later, a Rock County sheriff's deputy saw the suspect's vehicle and a chase ensued, according to the news release.
The Rock County Sheriff's Department took the suspect into custody.
The two children who were taken by the suspect were transported to a local hospital. The extent of their injuries remains unknown.
Whitewater police said the incident remains under investigation.
- Teenager 'going crazy with a knife' arrested
- PD: Drunk Mt. Horeb man jumps from moving car, runs into side of SUV
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Phone scammer claims to be MPD Chief Mike Koval, officials say
- Icy Dane County road causes nearly 40-car pileup, officials say
- Man, woman caught selling stolen bike on Craigslist, police say