JANESVILLE, Wis. - Two vehicles were damaged after a child lit some gasoline with a lighter causing the two vehicles to catch fire Wednesday afternoon, according to a release.
The Janesville Fire Department responded to 4116 Eastridge Drive around 1:30 p.m. for reports of a vehicle that was on fire, officials said. On the way to the address, crews were notified of another vehicle that was on fire.
Crews extinguished a GMC Sierra that was full engulfed in fire in the middle of the road, according to the release. Then crews extinguished a Nissan Versa that was on fire in the driveway.
Investigators said a child that was playing in the driveway when the fire started admitted to lighting some gasoline with a lighter.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement