JANESVILLE, Wis. - Two vehicles were damaged after a child lit some gasoline with a lighter causing the two vehicles to catch fire Wednesday afternoon, according to a release.
The Janesville Fire Department responded to 4116 Eastridge Drive around 1:30 p.m. for reports of a vehicle that was on fire, officials said. On the way to the address, crews were notified of another vehicle that was on fire.
Crews extinguished a GMC Sierra that was full engulfed in fire in the middle of the road, according to the release. Then crews extinguished a Nissan Versa that was on fire in the driveway.
Investigators said a child that was playing in the driveway when the fire started admitted to lighting some gasoline with a lighter.
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash
- Russian officials: We're not counting on Trump to lift sanctions
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- UW-Madison athletics employee fired
- 20-year-old UW-Whitewater student dies of brain injury
- Republican lawmakers differ on state superintendent race