JANESVILLE, Wis. - Two vehicles were damaged after a child lit some gasoline with a lighter causing the two vehicles to catch fire Wednesday afternoon, according to a release.
The Janesville Fire Department responded to 4116 Eastridge Drive around 1:30 p.m. for reports of a vehicle that was on fire, officials said. On the way to the address, crews were notified of another vehicle that was on fire.
Crews extinguished a GMC Sierra that was full engulfed in fire in the middle of the road, according to the release. Then crews extinguished a Nissan Versa that was on fire in the driveway.
Investigators said a child that was playing in the driveway when the fire started admitted to lighting some gasoline with a lighter.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say