JANESVILLE, Wis. - Two vehicles were damaged after a child lit some gasoline with a lighter causing the two vehicles to catch fire Wednesday afternoon, according to a release.
The Janesville Fire Department responded to 4116 Eastridge Drive around 1:30 p.m. for reports of a vehicle that was on fire, officials said. On the way to the address, crews were notified of another vehicle that was on fire.
Crews extinguished a GMC Sierra that was full engulfed in fire in the middle of the road, according to the release. Then crews extinguished a Nissan Versa that was on fire in the driveway.
Investigators said a child that was playing in the driveway when the fire started admitted to lighting some gasoline with a lighter.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns