TOWN OF ALBION, Wis. - Three people, including a 10-year-old boy, were injured in a two-vehicle crash in the town of Albion Tuesday, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to U.S. Highway 51 and County Road W at 6:50 a.m. and found that a truck driven by Jennifer L. Lombardo, 32, of Fort Atkinson, failed to stop at a stop sign and hit the drivers' side of a car.
The car, driven by Mindy L. Miles, 47, of Massachusetts, was traveling east when it was struck, according to deputies. Her 10-year-old son was a passenger.
Lombardo was taken to Stoughton Hospital with serious non-life-threatening injuries. Miles was flown to University of Wisconsin Hospital with serious injuries. Her son was taken to UW Hospital by ambulance with minor injuries.
Lombardo was driving with a suspended license, according to deputies. Citations are pending.
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need