MADISON, Wis. - The retrial of the Madison man accused of locking his daughter in the basement with very little food or a bathroom moves into its second week.
Chad Chritton faces multiple felony counts, including first-degree reckless endangerment, child abuse, causing mental harm to a child and false imprisonment.
A detective took the stand Monday. On Tuesday, Dr. Barbara Knox, a University of Wisconsin child abuse expert, will take the stand, and the prosecution is then expected to rest its case.
It is possible the retrial will wrap up by the end of the week.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend