MADISON, Wis. - The retrial of the Madison man accused of locking his daughter in the basement with very little food or a bathroom moves into its second week.
Chad Chritton faces multiple felony counts, including first-degree reckless endangerment, child abuse, causing mental harm to a child and false imprisonment.
A detective took the stand Monday. On Tuesday, Dr. Barbara Knox, a University of Wisconsin child abuse expert, will take the stand, and the prosecution is then expected to rest its case.
It is possible the retrial will wrap up by the end of the week.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire