MADISON, Wis. - The retrial of the Madison man accused of locking his daughter in the basement with very little food or a bathroom moves into its second week.
Chad Chritton faces multiple felony counts, including first-degree reckless endangerment, child abuse, causing mental harm to a child and false imprisonment.
A detective took the stand Monday. On Tuesday, Dr. Barbara Knox, a University of Wisconsin child abuse expert, will take the stand, and the prosecution is then expected to rest its case.
It is possible the retrial will wrap up by the end of the week.
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists
- Man accused in deadly wrong-way I-94 wreck not competent, judge says
- Woman inappropriately touched at dance class on UW campus, police say
- Black Hawk Middle School principal resigns
- Man who was high driving school bus sentenced
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline