MADISON, Wis. - The retrial of the Madison man accused of locking his daughter in the basement with very little food or a bathroom moves into its second week.
Chad Chritton faces multiple felony counts, including first-degree reckless endangerment, child abuse, causing mental harm to a child and false imprisonment.
A detective took the stand Monday. On Tuesday, Dr. Barbara Knox, a University of Wisconsin child abuse expert, will take the stand, and the prosecution is then expected to rest its case.
It is possible the retrial will wrap up by the end of the week.
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- Funding is available to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River