WAUSAU, Wis. - A Wausau man is being held on $250,000 bond in a jail attack that injured two corrections officers, including one who's hospitalized in intensive care.
Fredrick Morris, 20, is charged with aggravated battery in the March 27th attack at the Marathon County Jail that critically injured Julie Christensen, who remains at Aspirus Wausau Hospital. A second corrections officer was injured, treated at the hospital and released. A medical report attached to the criminal complaint says Christensen only recently woke from a coma.
Meanwhile, the administrator of the jail has resigned after 25 years on the job. The Wausau Daily Herald reported county Administrator Brad Karger said jail employees felt their concerns about safety had not been addressed.
- Woman accused of stabbing acquaintance turns herself in to police
- Victim tells police man who stabbed him frequently ‘mooches' from him
- Remains of 3 Ohio plane crash victims identified
- 29-year-old man dies from injuries suffered in Beloit fire
- Suspended UW-Madison student wants sex charges dismissed
- Medical center closes while DEA investigates