WAUSAU, Wis. - A Wausau man is being held on $250,000 bond in a jail attack that injured two corrections officers, including one who's hospitalized in intensive care.
Fredrick Morris, 20, is charged with aggravated battery in the March 27th attack at the Marathon County Jail that critically injured Julie Christensen, who remains at Aspirus Wausau Hospital. A second corrections officer was injured, treated at the hospital and released. A medical report attached to the criminal complaint says Christensen only recently woke from a coma.
Meanwhile, the administrator of the jail has resigned after 25 years on the job. The Wausau Daily Herald reported county Administrator Brad Karger said jail employees felt their concerns about safety had not been addressed.
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg visits Madison Sunday
- Wisconsin, U.S. used flawed hair evidence to convict innocent people