MADISON, Wis. - A new map feature on Channel 3000 gives a statewide view of traffic fatalities in the state dating back to 2001.
The feature rolled out Tuesday is the result of a partnership with the Wisconsin Department of Transportation Bureau of Transportation Safety and the Wisconsin Traffic Operations and Safety Laboratory.
The map allows users to view information by county and sort the display of traffic fatalities that involved alcohol, bicyclists, pedestrians, motorcycles, speed or construction zones. The data is updated as it is submitted.
It's hoped the map will bring attention to highway safety issues in Wisconsin.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK