MADISON, Wis. - A new map feature on Channel 3000 gives a statewide view of traffic fatalities in the state dating back to 2001.
The feature rolled out Tuesday is the result of a partnership with the Wisconsin Department of Transportation Bureau of Transportation Safety and the Wisconsin Traffic Operations and Safety Laboratory.
The map allows users to view information by county and sort the display of traffic fatalities that involved alcohol, bicyclists, pedestrians, motorcycles, speed or construction zones. The data is updated as it is submitted.
It's hoped the map will bring attention to highway safety issues in Wisconsin.
- Woman accused of stabbing acquaintance turns herself in to police
- Victim tells police man who stabbed him frequently ‘mooches' from him
- Remains of 3 Ohio plane crash victims identified
- 29-year-old man dies from injuries suffered in Beloit fire
- Suspended UW-Madison student wants sex charges dismissed
- Medical center closes while DEA investigates