MADISON, Wis. - Two would-be burglars tried to break into an east side clothing store by using a chain saw, according to a release from Madison police.
Police were called to Serieux Clothing at 3371 E. Washington Ave. at 10 p.m. Wednesday when a resident reported hearing the sound of a chain saw coming from the back of the clothing store.
Police said the first officer at the scene saw two people running from the store. Two chain saws were left behind.
The chain saws left significant damage, but the operators weren't able to get inside before police arrived.
Police dog Allied was called to the scene, but was unable to track any suspects.
- Dane County deputies shut down Bratfest carnival
- Police investigate bomb threat at Madison library
- Extra Janesville officers on patrol for 'Click It or Ticket' enforcement
- Diabetics feeling pinch as insulin prices rise 8 percent
- Police: occupants of both cars in hit-and-run flee scene
- Officials identify two men killed in Sheboygan plane crash