MADISON, Wis. - Two would-be burglars tried to break into an east side clothing store by using a chain saw, according to a release from Madison police.
Police were called to Serieux Clothing at 3371 E. Washington Ave. at 10 p.m. Wednesday when a resident reported hearing the sound of a chain saw coming from the back of the clothing store.
Police said the first officer at the scene saw two people running from the store. Two chain saws were left behind.
The chain saws left significant damage, but the operators weren't able to get inside before police arrived.
Police dog Allied was called to the scene, but was unable to track any suspects.
- DHS: Wisconsinites hit hard by flu bug this year
- Powerball jackpot hits more than $403 million
- Woman parks in downtown Madison, returns to find car on fire
- Officials: Impaired driver struck multiple cars, arrested for 4th OWI
- Kentucky shooting suspect thought to be headed to Wis. now in custody
- GOP leader Fitzgerald introduces bill to relax well regulations