MADISON, Wis. - Two would-be burglars tried to break into an east side clothing store by using a chain saw, according to a release from Madison police.
Police were called to Serieux Clothing at 3371 E. Washington Ave. at 10 p.m. Wednesday when a resident reported hearing the sound of a chain saw coming from the back of the clothing store.
Police said the first officer at the scene saw two people running from the store. Two chain saws were left behind.
The chain saws left significant damage, but the operators weren't able to get inside before police arrived.
Police dog Allied was called to the scene, but was unable to track any suspects.
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- Mars investigating Skittles said to be intended for cattle
- Man sentenced in heroin overdose death
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick