LA CROSSE, Wis. - CenturyLink was experiencing a "disruption in service," according to the company's official Facebook page. The message was posted at about 9:45 a.m. on Tuesday.
A message posted after 3 p.m. stated service to most customers early in the afternoon. The company blamed the problem on a "core router."
CenturyLink's Vice President and General Manager Bob Brown said people in 17-states experienced the Internet outage.
Customers in the La Crosse area and some areas around Madison said their Internet service had been down since early Tuesday morning.
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors2
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head