APPLETON, Wis. - The National Weather Service in Green Bay says five tornadoes total touched down in storms that swept through central and northeastern Wisconsin.
The storms passed through late Wednesday and early Thursday. A town chairman was killed in Marinette County and another man injured as they cleared debris from a road and were struck by a vehicle.
The Weather Service says there were tornado touchdowns in New London to Hortonville, Mackville to near Kaukauna, the north side of Appleton to near Holland, northeast of Mackville to east of Maribel, and south of Pilsen.
Gov. Scott Walker visited the area Thursday morning and pledged support.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash