APPLETON, Wis. - The National Weather Service in Green Bay says five tornadoes total touched down in storms that swept through central and northeastern Wisconsin.
The storms passed through late Wednesday and early Thursday. A town chairman was killed in Marinette County and another man injured as they cleared debris from a road and were struck by a vehicle.
The Weather Service says there were tornado touchdowns in New London to Hortonville, Mackville to near Kaukauna, the north side of Appleton to near Holland, northeast of Mackville to east of Maribel, and south of Pilsen.
Gov. Scott Walker visited the area Thursday morning and pledged support.
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion