HOLCOMBE, Wis. - Chippewa County sheriff's investigators say the cause and origin of a fire that killed three people and injured five others could take several weeks to determine.
Three of the five people injured in the fire last week remain hospitalized, including a 2-year-old boy.
Those that died in the fire include the owner of the home that burned, 82-year-old Robert Minder, 22-year-old Josh Peacock of Glen Flora and 5-year-old Joseph Sigsworth. Jr. Autopsies are expected to be done Monday.
Sheriff's investigators and state fire marshal's office have completed their investigative work at the house.
Fifty-one-year-old Darlene Minder, 2-year-old Dillon Minder and 30-year-old Tabatha Marie Jaworski remain hospitalized at Regions Hospital in St. Paul.
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century