HOLCOMBE, Wis. - Chippewa County sheriff's investigators say the cause and origin of a fire that killed three people and injured five others could take several weeks to determine.
Three of the five people injured in the fire last week remain hospitalized, including a 2-year-old boy.
Those that died in the fire include the owner of the home that burned, 82-year-old Robert Minder, 22-year-old Josh Peacock of Glen Flora and 5-year-old Joseph Sigsworth. Jr. Autopsies are expected to be done Monday.
Sheriff's investigators and state fire marshal's office have completed their investigative work at the house.
Fifty-one-year-old Darlene Minder, 2-year-old Dillon Minder and 30-year-old Tabatha Marie Jaworski remain hospitalized at Regions Hospital in St. Paul.
- Complaint: 14-year-old's father finds sexual assault suspect in closet
- Attempt to drill into SUV gas tank ignites fuel, MFD says
- New Glarus man stopped for expired vehicle registration faces 6th OWI
- Man robbed at gunpoint in parking lot, police say
- Bicyclist injured in collision with Buick, fire officials say
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing