HOLCOMBE, Wis. - Chippewa County sheriff's investigators say the cause and origin of a fire that killed three people and injured five others could take several weeks to determine.
Three of the five people injured in the fire last week remain hospitalized, including a 2-year-old boy.
Those that died in the fire include the owner of the home that burned, 82-year-old Robert Minder, 22-year-old Josh Peacock of Glen Flora and 5-year-old Joseph Sigsworth. Jr. Autopsies are expected to be done Monday.
Sheriff's investigators and state fire marshal's office have completed their investigative work at the house.
Fifty-one-year-old Darlene Minder, 2-year-old Dillon Minder and 30-year-old Tabatha Marie Jaworski remain hospitalized at Regions Hospital in St. Paul.
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets