MADISON, Wis. - A safe, large amount of cash, jewelry and electronics were taken from a downtown apartment and a man was beaten in targeted burglary, according to a release from Madison police.
A 19-year-old man told police returned to his apartment in the 500 block of West Johnson Street early Sunday morning to find his roommate beaten and valuables taken.
The 19-year-old roommate said he was drunk and sleeping when he was injured and didn't recall what happened.
Detectives said they believe the apartment was targeted.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls