MADISON, Wis. - A safe, large amount of cash, jewelry and electronics were taken from a downtown apartment and a man was beaten in targeted burglary, according to a release from Madison police.
A 19-year-old man told police returned to his apartment in the 500 block of West Johnson Street early Sunday morning to find his roommate beaten and valuables taken.
The 19-year-old roommate said he was drunk and sleeping when he was injured and didn't recall what happened.
Detectives said they believe the apartment was targeted.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns