MADISON, Wis. - Two Carroll University students have raised enough money to pay a man's ticket for carrying an air gun and causing a campus lockdown.
Seniors John Heavey and Emily Kammerud organized an online collection after seeing a TV interview with the 50-year-old man. The online page raised $360 in donations as of 10 p.m. Thursday.
The lockdown lasted about 90 minutes Tuesday after two people reported seeing a man with a gun on campus.
Police said the man found the non-lethal weapon in the garbage and was carrying it back to his apartment when he was spotted on campus. He was cited for disorderly conduct.
A Carroll spokeswoman says the collection is not sanctioned by the university.
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely misunderstood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother