MADISON, Wis. - Two Carroll University students have raised enough money to pay a man's ticket for carrying an air gun and causing a campus lockdown.
Seniors John Heavey and Emily Kammerud organized an online collection after seeing a TV interview with the 50-year-old man. The online page raised $360 in donations as of 10 p.m. Thursday.
The lockdown lasted about 90 minutes Tuesday after two people reported seeing a man with a gun on campus.
Police said the man found the non-lethal weapon in the garbage and was carrying it back to his apartment when he was spotted on campus. He was cited for disorderly conduct.
A Carroll spokeswoman says the collection is not sanctioned by the university.
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI
- Highway 151 closed near Blue Mounds due to semi vs. car crash
- Police, medical examiner respond to suspicious death
- Construction continues on Capitol Square; new traffic pattern starts May 1