DARLINGTON, Wis. - An Indiana man who works for a carnival company is suspected of attacking another carnival worker during the Canoe Festival in Darlington.
Investigators said Richard E. Dewitt, 37, was arrested Friday on suspicion of false imprisonment, strangulation, battery and attempted second-degree sexual assault.
Darlington police said early Friday morning Dewitt entered the sleeping quarters of his coworker, a 43-year-old woman from Wausau, where he struck and strangled the woman in an attempt to have sexual contact with her. A witness came to help the woman and ended the assault.
The woman was taken to Memorial Hospital of Lafayette County where she was treated and released.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to fourth OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street