DARLINGTON, Wis. - An Indiana man who works for a carnival company is suspected of attacking another carnival worker during the Canoe Festival in Darlington.
Investigators said Richard E. Dewitt, 37, was arrested Friday on suspicion of false imprisonment, strangulation, battery and attempted second-degree sexual assault.
Darlington police said early Friday morning Dewitt entered the sleeping quarters of his coworker, a 43-year-old woman from Wausau, where he struck and strangled the woman in an attempt to have sexual contact with her. A witness came to help the woman and ended the assault.
The woman was taken to Memorial Hospital of Lafayette County where she was treated and released.
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles
- Woman pinned in van after crash with ambulance on Hwy. 12
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter