VILLAGE OF SOUTH WAYNE, Wis. - A South Wayne man was injured and suspected of operating while intoxicated after his car struck an embankment on Sunday, according to the Lafayette County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said Brandon S. Richardson, 24, was driving west on West Center Street in the village of South Wayne before 8 p.m. when he failed to negotiate a curve and hit a cement embankment of a residence.
Richardson was taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Deputies cited him for OWI, reckless driving, failure to use a seat belt, criminal damage and domestic disorderly conduct.
South Wayne First Response, the South Wayne Fire Department, Monroe Ambulance, and the Wisconsin State Patrol assisted at the scene.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK