VILLAGE OF SOUTH WAYNE, Wis. - A South Wayne man was injured and suspected of operating while intoxicated after his car struck an embankment on Sunday, according to the Lafayette County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said Brandon S. Richardson, 24, was driving west on West Center Street in the village of South Wayne before 8 p.m. when he failed to negotiate a curve and hit a cement embankment of a residence.
Richardson was taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Deputies cited him for OWI, reckless driving, failure to use a seat belt, criminal damage and domestic disorderly conduct.
South Wayne First Response, the South Wayne Fire Department, Monroe Ambulance, and the Wisconsin State Patrol assisted at the scene.
- Woman suffers broken nose from fruit thrown from balcony
- Glass packaging flaw prompts beer recall
- Winter weather could slow Wednesday commute
- $1M lottery ticket sold in Madison expires soon
- Men to be without safe, sober home with no live-in manager
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos