TOWN OF IRONTON, Wis. - An Indiana man was killed when his car overturned multiple times on a county road in Sauk County Thursday night, according to a release from the Sauk County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to County Road K near the intersection of Pickel Road in the town of Ironton at 8 p.m. for a report of a single-vehicle rollover crash.
The first responders to get to the scene said the driver was ejected and a bystander was performing CPR when they arrived.
Investigators said Gerald L. Carlson, 37, of Gary, Indiana, was speeding east on County Road K when he lost control of his car while negotiating a curve. The car went into the north ditch, overturned multiple times and landed on its top.
Carlson was not wearing a seat belt and speed was a factor in the crash, according to deputies. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed