MADISON, Wis. - A Fitchburg man was arrested on suspicion of OWI after he collided with a semi-trailer while going the wrong way down the Beltline early Wednesday morning, according to police.
The incident happened just before 4 a.m. at the 2500 block of the Beltline near Todd Drive. Kedrick Harrison-Golden Jr., 20, was arrested on suspicion of OWI, operating a motor vehicle without insurance, driving the wrong way on a divided highway and failure to notify police of an accident.
According to police, the car was going westbound in the eastbound lanes of the Beltline when it sideswiped a semi traveling eastbound at the time.
Police said there were no injuries from the minor collision. Madison Police Department's Public Information Officer Joel DeSpain said the driver was arrested shortly after the accident.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says