MADISON, Wis. - A Fitchburg man was arrested on suspicion of OWI after he collided with a semi-trailer while going the wrong way down the Beltline early Wednesday morning, according to police.
The incident happened just before 4 a.m. at the 2500 block of the Beltline near Todd Drive. Kedrick Harrison-Golden Jr., 20, was arrested on suspicion of OWI, operating a motor vehicle without insurance, driving the wrong way on a divided highway and failure to notify police of an accident.
According to police, the car was going westbound in the eastbound lanes of the Beltline when it sideswiped a semi traveling eastbound at the time.
Police said there were no injuries from the minor collision. Madison Police Department's Public Information Officer Joel DeSpain said the driver was arrested shortly after the accident.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire