The Janesville Fire Department helped rescue a man from the Rock River Tuesday after his car went into the river behind Monterey Stadium.
When police first arrived at the scene, they found the car 3/4 submerged in the river, and the driver swimming to shore. Police said officers helped the driver to shore with a throw rope and rescue bag.
The drive was taken to Mercy Hospital for evaluation, according to police.
Police said a tow truck, with the help of a rescue diver, managed to get the car pulled out of the river and back on solid ground.
- Warmer weather creates a bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash
- Man says Milwaukee sheriff Clarke detained him after run-in
- MPD asking for help finding 9-month-old
- Wisconsin retirees to see annuity payment increases