The Janesville Fire Department helped rescue a man from the Rock River Tuesday after his car went into the river behind Monterey Stadium.
When police first arrived at the scene, they found the car 3/4 submerged in the river, and the driver swimming to shore. Police said officers helped the driver to shore with a throw rope and rescue bag.
The drive was taken to Mercy Hospital for evaluation, according to police.
Police said a tow truck, with the help of a rescue diver, managed to get the car pulled out of the river and back on solid ground.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK