The Janesville Fire Department helped rescue a man from the Rock River Tuesday after his car went into the river behind Monterey Stadium.
When police first arrived at the scene, they found the car 3/4 submerged in the river, and the driver swimming to shore. Police said officers helped the driver to shore with a throw rope and rescue bag.
The drive was taken to Mercy Hospital for evaluation, according to police.
Police said a tow truck, with the help of a rescue diver, managed to get the car pulled out of the river and back on solid ground.
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday