The Janesville Fire Department helped rescue a man from the Rock River Tuesday after his car went into the river behind Monterey Stadium.
When police first arrived at the scene, they found the car 3/4 submerged in the river, and the driver swimming to shore. Police said officers helped the driver to shore with a throw rope and rescue bag.
The drive was taken to Mercy Hospital for evaluation, according to police.
Police said a tow truck, with the help of a rescue diver, managed to get the car pulled out of the river and back on solid ground.
- 30 missing after avalanche buries Italian hotel
- One injured after stabbing in Madison
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Missing Marathon County man found safe
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth