REEDSBURG, Wis. - A Reedsburg woman told police she drove a car through an apartment building because of a stuck accelerator, according to a release from Reedsburg police.
Officers were called to the 2000 block of Viking Drive at 12:22 p.m. Sunday for a report of a car that had struck an apartment building.
Police said Shirley A. Treptow, 70, drove through the east wall of an apartment and exited though the south wall, driving through an unoccupied bedroom.
The residents of the apartment were in an adjoining living room at the time of crash, and were not injured.
Treptow was treated for injuries at Reedsburg Hospital.
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial