REEDSBURG, Wis. - A Reedsburg woman told police she drove a car through an apartment building because of a stuck accelerator, according to a release from Reedsburg police.
Officers were called to the 2000 block of Viking Drive at 12:22 p.m. Sunday for a report of a car that had struck an apartment building.
Police said Shirley A. Treptow, 70, drove through the east wall of an apartment and exited though the south wall, driving through an unoccupied bedroom.
The residents of the apartment were in an adjoining living room at the time of crash, and were not injured.
Treptow was treated for injuries at Reedsburg Hospital.
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks