TOWN of LAVALLE, Wis. - One person was killed when his car ran off a road and crashed into several trees early Thursday morning, according to a release from the Sauk County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to County Road V in the town of LaValle at 1:14 a.m. for a report of a single-vehicle crash.
Investigators said the car was traveling west on County Road V at a high rate of speed when it left the road and struck several trees. The driver, Jason D. Larrabee, 25, was pronounced dead at the scene. Larrabee was not wearing his seat belt and speed was a factor in the crash, according to the Sauk County Sheriff's release.
The Reedsburg Fire Department and EMS, LaValle Fire Department and Sauk County Coroner's Office assisted at the scene.
- Richland Center man faces OWI, drug charges
- Four injured in early-morning shooting
- Crews battle roof fire at McFarland cold storage facility
- Janesville high school holds safety workshop for girls
- James Brown's 'Funky Drummer' Clyde Stubblefield dies at 73
- Despite warm temps, Winter Fest, Polar Plunge continue as scheduled