MADISON, Wis. - A man was injured Thursday morning when he was struck on his bicycle by a car on the west side of Madison.
According to the incident report, the 49-year-old bicyclist was struck by the car heading south on Westfield Road at the intersection with Tree Lane. The driver told police she stopped at the sign before proceeding through the intersection.
Police said the man was transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening head injuries. The report did not indicate if the 71-year-old woman driving was injured in the collision or treated. Police said no citations were issued and the accident is under investigation.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend