MADISON, Wis. - A man was injured Thursday morning when he was struck on his bicycle by a car on the west side of Madison.
According to the incident report, the 49-year-old bicyclist was struck by the car heading south on Westfield Road at the intersection with Tree Lane. The driver told police she stopped at the sign before proceeding through the intersection.
Police said the man was transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening head injuries. The report did not indicate if the 71-year-old woman driving was injured in the collision or treated. Police said no citations were issued and the accident is under investigation.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to fourth OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street