MIDDLETON, Wis. - Capital Brewery was named Grand National Champion for winning three gold medals at this year's U.S. Open Beer Championships.
The Middleton Brewery took the top prize with their Capital Dark, Capital Pilsner and Lake House beers.It was part of the U.S. Beer Championship in Denver.
In total, Capital Brewery took home six awards out of 10 entries.
The company said recognition like this is what drives them to keep making better beer.
"It's always nice to be recognized. It just means for what we focus on, for what we're built on, we're still pretty good at after all these years," said Brian Destree, brewery operations manager.
The brewery also won silver for the Wisconsin Amber Beer. Bronze medals went to their Maibock and Supper Club beers.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend