MIDDLETON, Wis. - Capital Brewery was named Grand National Champion for winning three gold medals at this year's U.S. Open Beer Championships.
The Middleton Brewery took the top prize with their Capital Dark, Capital Pilsner and Lake House beers.It was part of the U.S. Beer Championship in Denver.
In total, Capital Brewery took home six awards out of 10 entries.
The company said recognition like this is what drives them to keep making better beer.
"It's always nice to be recognized. It just means for what we focus on, for what we're built on, we're still pretty good at after all these years," said Brian Destree, brewery operations manager.
The brewery also won silver for the Wisconsin Amber Beer. Bronze medals went to their Maibock and Supper Club beers.
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Suspect in custody in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two
- Two seriously injured in pickup vs. semi crash