MIDDLETON, Wis. - Capital Brewery was named Grand National Champion for winning three gold medals at this year's U.S. Open Beer Championships.
The Middleton Brewery took the top prize with their Capital Dark, Capital Pilsner and Lake House beers.It was part of the U.S. Beer Championship in Denver.
In total, Capital Brewery took home six awards out of 10 entries.
The company said recognition like this is what drives them to keep making better beer.
"It's always nice to be recognized. It just means for what we focus on, for what we're built on, we're still pretty good at after all these years," said Brian Destree, brewery operations manager.
The brewery also won silver for the Wisconsin Amber Beer. Bronze medals went to their Maibock and Supper Club beers.
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed
- Woman arrested, suspected of abducting her kids
- ACLU: Youth prison lawsuit prompted by silence from investigators
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles
- Woman pinned in van after crash with ambulance on Hwy. 12