MIDDLETON, Wis. - Capital Brewery was named Grand National Champion for winning three gold medals at this year's U.S. Open Beer Championships.
The Middleton Brewery took the top prize with their Capital Dark, Capital Pilsner and Lake House beers.It was part of the U.S. Beer Championship in Denver.
In total, Capital Brewery took home six awards out of 10 entries.
The company said recognition like this is what drives them to keep making better beer.
"It's always nice to be recognized. It just means for what we focus on, for what we're built on, we're still pretty good at after all these years," said Brian Destree, brewery operations manager.
The brewery also won silver for the Wisconsin Amber Beer. Bronze medals went to their Maibock and Supper Club beers.
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg visits Madison Sunday
- Wisconsin, U.S. used flawed hair evidence to convict innocent people