MIDDLETON, Wis. - Despite the cold, thousands of people flocked to Middleton Saturday afternoon to get the first taste of a local brewery's seasonal beer.
Capital Brewery hosted its 16th annual Bockfest Saturday. The celebration promoted the company's Blonde Doppelbock brew with some unique events.
"It starts out with the blessing of the Blondes, the Blonde Dopplebock," Bockfest volunteer Ken Schaefer said. "They throw a glass of Blonde over all the people who are standing there, and then they have the running of the blondes."
Bockfest included a 1K race, live music and Capital Brewery beverages.
- Enbridge says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- Authorities: Woman fatally shot father and took her own life
- Syrian man who sued Trump brings family to US
- DATCP warns of resurgence of fake IRS calls
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists