MIDDLETON, Wis. - Despite the cold, thousands of people flocked to Middleton Saturday afternoon to get the first taste of a local brewery's seasonal beer.
Capital Brewery hosted its 16th annual Bockfest Saturday. The celebration promoted the company's Blonde Doppelbock brew with some unique events.
"It starts out with the blessing of the Blondes, the Blonde Dopplebock," Bockfest volunteer Ken Schaefer said. "They throw a glass of Blonde over all the people who are standing there, and then they have the running of the blondes."
Bockfest included a 1K race, live music and Capital Brewery beverages.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls