MADISON, Wis. - Sheboygan County's results are finally in, and they give Glenn Grothman a 219-vote lead over Joe Liebham in the hotly contested GOP primary for Wisconsin's lone open congressional seat.
Grothman gained six votes and Liebham picked up one vote in the official canvass results posted Wednesday evening by the Government Accountability Board.
Grothman's lead thus grew by five votes compared to the unofficial election night results.
The two state senators were the top finishers in a four-way primary for the Republican nomination to succeed retiring U.S. Rep. Tom Petri in the Republican-leaning 6th Congressional District. The Democratic candidate is Mark Harris.
Ten of the 11 counties in the district submitted their canvass results Tuesday, leaving Sheboygan as the only outstanding county.
Leibham now has three days to demand a recount.
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees