RACINE, Wis. - Authorities said a candle in a bathroom apparently caused a Racine house fire last week that killed three children and injured a fourth.
Racine police released that update Monday.
Eight-year-old Dalijah Scott and 9-year-old Dayja Scott died Thursday when their house caught fire. Their brother, 7-year-old Michael Scott, died later in the hospital.
The children's 5-year-old brother, Luther Patterson, was hospitalized.
Authorities on Monday also released audio from the 911 call from the children's mother.
In the 911 call, Deborah Scott tells the dispatcher, "Someone come get my kids. My house is on fire. They are crying like crazy. I cannot get my kids out."
The Journal Times reported Scott said she could see flames but that the window where the children were located doesn't open.
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River
- 4 juveniles suspected of damaging maliboxes in rural Portage, Pardeeville areas
- 2 on moped injured in downtown Madison crash, officials say
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Ag secretary to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers