RACINE, Wis. - Authorities said a candle in a bathroom apparently caused a Racine house fire last week that killed three children and injured a fourth.
Racine police released that update Monday.
Eight-year-old Dalijah Scott and 9-year-old Dayja Scott died Thursday when their house caught fire. Their brother, 7-year-old Michael Scott, died later in the hospital.
The children's 5-year-old brother, Luther Patterson, was hospitalized.
Authorities on Monday also released audio from the 911 call from the children's mother.
In the 911 call, Deborah Scott tells the dispatcher, "Someone come get my kids. My house is on fire. They are crying like crazy. I cannot get my kids out."
The Journal Times reported Scott said she could see flames but that the window where the children were located doesn't open.
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin