FOND DU LAC, Wis. - A 19-year-old Campbellsport woman has been ordered to pay more than $70,000 in restitution for an SUV crash that killed three of her friends in 2011.
Carly Ottery was sentenced in November to one year in jail. She also was placed on probation for six years and ordered to serve 600 hours of community service.
Prosecutors said Ottery was driving more than 100 mph when she lost control of an SUV filled with friends from Campbellsport High School.
Fifteen-year-old Sabrina Stahl, 16-year-old Katie Berg and 17-year-old Caitlin Scannell were killed.
A Fond du Lac Reporter news story said a restitution hearing was held Wednesday.
The money will be used by the families of the three girls killed in the crash to erect benches in memory of their daughters at the gravesites.
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks