FOND DU LAC, Wis. - A 19-year-old Campbellsport woman has been ordered to pay more than $70,000 in restitution for an SUV crash that killed three of her friends in 2011.
Carly Ottery was sentenced in November to one year in jail. She also was placed on probation for six years and ordered to serve 600 hours of community service.
Prosecutors said Ottery was driving more than 100 mph when she lost control of an SUV filled with friends from Campbellsport High School.
Fifteen-year-old Sabrina Stahl, 16-year-old Katie Berg and 17-year-old Caitlin Scannell were killed.
A Fond du Lac Reporter news story said a restitution hearing was held Wednesday.
The money will be used by the families of the three girls killed in the crash to erect benches in memory of their daughters at the gravesites.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend