MADISON, Wis. - Camera gear worth about $30,000 was stolen from a car parked in a resident's driveway, according to Madison police.
The victim told police he doesn't typically leave the equipment in his car parked at his home in the 1800 block of Sachtjen Street, but he got sidetracked and didn't take it out. He called police Sunday morning to report the theft.
Police said there were no signs anyone forced their way into the car.
A neighbor also reported someone had been in her car and had taken change from the ashtray.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say