MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said an employee at Cousins Subs on Park Street was robbed Thursday night, the store's last day of business before permanently closing.
The 30-year-old employee was alone when the armed robber came in to the store at 1124 S. Park St. around 5 p.m., according to the release.
The robber displayed a handgun and demanded money, police said. After the employee turned over an undisclosed amount of money, the robber instructed him to walk to the back kitchen.
The robber then calmly left through the same door he entered, according to the release. UW Police provided a K-9 to track the robber, but he was not located.
Police said the employee was not injured and there were no customers in the store.
The robber is described as a black man, 6 feet 1 inch to 6 feet 3 inches tall with a muscular build. He was wearing a grey knit cap, a grey sweatshirt, black jeans and grey gloves.Madison crime map
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash
- Russian officials: We're not counting on Trump to lift sanctions
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- UW-Madison athletics employee fired
- 20-year-old UW-Whitewater student dies of brain injury
- Republican lawmakers differ on state superintendent race