REEDSBURG, Wis. - After a story publicized by WISC-TV3 and Channel 3000 back in September, a local youth hockey association is finally getting some much-needed help.
In September, it was revealed that the Reedsburg Youth Hockey Association was struggling to get money lost after an embezzlement scandal.
Its former treasurer, Daniel Lehman is awaiting trial on charges that he stole at least $150,000.
Insurance payments only made up for a small amount of that money lost.
Saturday, a fundraiser was held with the intent of getting some of that money back.
The event was organized by the local Koenecke Ford dealership after management there saw the news report about the embezzlement.
Every customer test drive taken on Saturday was worth $20 to the youth hockey group.
Spokespeople for Koeneke Ford said they raised more than $6,000 in just seven hours.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs