MADISON, Wis. - A burglar was scared off before entering a Madison residence after ringing the doorbell to check if anyone was home Friday night.
A Madison Police Department statement said the burglar rang the doorbell of a home on the 1400 block of Frisch Road around 9:30 p.m. before shattering a sliding glass door to enter. The homeowner called police, and the suspect fled before he could get inside.
According to the statement, a police dog tracked the burglar to the Watts Road area.
- Hundreds sign student-led petition to change Madison high school name
- High river level delays Rock Aqua Jays' opening performance
- Med Flight responds to one-vehicle crash in Fitchburg
- Custodian at Madison school resigns after allegedly punching parent
- Fish kill hits Traxler Park Lagoon in Janesville
- German delegation studies Madison College cyber security program