MADISON, Wis. - A 22- year-old woman left her bathroom to find a burglar in her apartment Saturday, according to Madison police.
Police were called to the apartment in the 200 block of Langdon Street at 8:11 p.m. after the woman discovered the burglar and the burglar fled.
The burglar took a backpack containing laptop computers belonging to the woman and her roommate, and her roommate's phone and wallet.
The woman said the door was not locked. Police said this has been the case in many recent downtown burglaries.
The burglar is described as black, 17-20 years old with a dark complexion, shorter hair and was clean shaven. He was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, large diamond-style earrings in each ear, and possibly a red baseball cap.Madison crime map
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to 4th OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street