MADISON, Wis. - A 22- year-old woman left her bathroom to find a burglar in her apartment Saturday, according to Madison police.
Police were called to the apartment in the 200 block of Langdon Street at 8:11 p.m. after the woman discovered the burglar and the burglar fled.
The burglar took a backpack containing laptop computers belonging to the woman and her roommate, and her roommate's phone and wallet.
The woman said the door was not locked. Police said this has been the case in many recent downtown burglaries.
The burglar is described as black, 17-20 years old with a dark complexion, shorter hair and was clean shaven. He was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, large diamond-style earrings in each ear, and possibly a red baseball cap.Madison crime map
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game