MADISON, Wis. - A burglar stole electronics and other items while three roommates slept, according to a release from Madison police.
The three men in their 20s told police they left a first floor window of their Fahrenbrook Court home open for fresh air Thursday night. Police said the burglar cut the screen overnight to get in.
The burglar was in at least two bedrooms while the roommates slept, police said.
Police urges residents to keep doors and windows locked because most criminals will get into a home through unsecured doors and windows.Madison crime map
- Officials unable to confirm connection between Beaver Dam disturbances, Madison shooting
- Police seek identity of purse thief from surveillance photos
- Fire officials: Fatal apartment fire started by candle
- Judge denies request to stop hearing to remove Green Bay mayor
- Medical examiner IDs man who died in east Madison fire
- Report of vehicle in ditch leads to 8th-OWI arrest