MADISON, Wis. - A burglar stole electronics and other items while three roommates slept, according to a release from Madison police.
The three men in their 20s told police they left a first floor window of their Fahrenbrook Court home open for fresh air Thursday night. Police said the burglar cut the screen overnight to get in.
The burglar was in at least two bedrooms while the roommates slept, police said.
Police urges residents to keep doors and windows locked because most criminals will get into a home through unsecured doors and windows.Madison crime map
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski