MADISON, Wis. - A burglar stole electronics and other items while three roommates slept, according to a release from Madison police.
The three men in their 20s told police they left a first floor window of their Fahrenbrook Court home open for fresh air Thursday night. Police said the burglar cut the screen overnight to get in.
The burglar was in at least two bedrooms while the roommates slept, police said.
Police urges residents to keep doors and windows locked because most criminals will get into a home through unsecured doors and windows.Madison crime map
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire