MADISON, Wis. - A burglar stole electronics and other items while three roommates slept, according to a release from Madison police.
The three men in their 20s told police they left a first floor window of their Fahrenbrook Court home open for fresh air Thursday night. Police said the burglar cut the screen overnight to get in.
The burglar was in at least two bedrooms while the roommates slept, police said.
Police urges residents to keep doors and windows locked because most criminals will get into a home through unsecured doors and windows.Madison crime map
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry