MADISON, Wis. - Officers found numerous bullet casings while investigating a report of shots fired in the 2300 block of Allied Drive on Wednesday night.
Officers were called to the area at 9:58 p.m. and found no injured people or property damage. A large group of people in the area told officers they heard nothing. Police said others inside their homes called 911.
One of the callers said someone in a group of people gathered near a tree opened fire, possibly into the air.Madison crime map
- Majority of Superior shipyard workers test positive for lead
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out