MADISON, Wis. - Officers found numerous bullet casings while investigating a report of shots fired in the 2300 block of Allied Drive on Wednesday night.
Officers were called to the area at 9:58 p.m. and found no injured people or property damage. A large group of people in the area told officers they heard nothing. Police said others inside their homes called 911.
One of the callers said someone in a group of people gathered near a tree opened fire, possibly into the air.Madison crime map
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes