MADISON, Wis. - The Madison Fire Department responded to a report of a chemical leak at a building on the UW Campus Thursday afternoon
UW Police department spokesperson Marc Lovicott said firefighters were called to a report of a problem at Engineering Hall around 12:15 p.m. Thursday.
Fire officials arrived shortly afterwards and evacuated Engineering Hall when they arrived.
According to Lovicott, some students were cleaning out a filter when the accidentally spilled some arsine, which is a highly toxic, flammable chemical.
Firefighters quickly cleaned up the spill before letting people back in the building.
Engineering Drive was shut down for a while, but the building and the street were reopened by 1 p.m.
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game