MADISON, Wis. - The Legislature's budget committee continues its road show next week, with two opportunities for the public to speak out about Gov. Scott Walker's budget proposal.
The first hearing by the Joint Finance Committee is Monday at Lambeau Field in Green Bay. The second one is on Wednesday at the Kalahari resort in Wisconsin Dells.
The committee is soliciting public comment on Walker's two-year, $68 billion budget plan. It held its first hearing on Thursday in Greendale near Milwaukee.
A fourth hearing is set for April 18 in Baldwin.
Once the hearings are over, the Republican-controlled committee will begin the process of voting on changes to Walker's plan before the full Legislature takes it up in late June.
- Complaint: 14-year-old's father finds sexual assault suspect in closet
- Attempt to drill into SUV gas tank ignites fuel, MFD says
- New Glarus man stopped for expired vehicle registration faces 6th OWI
- Man robbed at gunpoint in parking lot, police say
- Bicyclist injured in collision with Buick, fire officials say
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing