MADISON, Wis. - The Legislature's budget committee continues its road show next week, with two opportunities for the public to speak out about Gov. Scott Walker's budget proposal.
The first hearing by the Joint Finance Committee is Monday at Lambeau Field in Green Bay. The second one is on Wednesday at the Kalahari resort in Wisconsin Dells.
The committee is soliciting public comment on Walker's two-year, $68 billion budget plan. It held its first hearing on Thursday in Greendale near Milwaukee.
A fourth hearing is set for April 18 in Baldwin.
Once the hearings are over, the Republican-controlled committee will begin the process of voting on changes to Walker's plan before the full Legislature takes it up in late June.
- All Iowa County roads reported as ice covered, hazardous
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need