TOWN OF SPRING VALLEY, Wis. - A 26-year-old Brodhead man is dead and another one is in the hospital following a one-car rollover crash near Orfordville Sunday evening, according to the Rock County Sheriff's department.
Sheriff's officials said the crash happened just after 6:30 p.m. on Wisconsin Highway 213 just north of Lang Road in the Town of Spring Valley.
Deputies said when they got to the scene, they found a car lying on its side, with the driver partially ejected and pinned underneath the roof of the car. Deputies said the driver, Sean Waterman, 32, of Brodhead, was airlifted to a hospital in Rockford with severe pelvic injuries.
The passenger in the car, Douglas Axelson, 26 of Brodhead, was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the sheriff's department.
Waterman faces numerous charges, including homicide by intoxicated use of a motor vehicle and operating after revocation.
- Janesville family displaced after house fire
- Shooting on Madison's east side leave four injured, Koval concerned
- Wholesome Wave grant helps Madison residents access healthy food
- Firefighters investigating cause of McFarland fire
- Milwaukee police seek driver after fatal hit-and-run
- 2 confirmed dead after house fire in northeast Wisconsin