TOWN OF SPRING VALLEY, Wis. - A 26-year-old Brodhead man is dead and another one is in the hospital following a one-car rollover crash near Orfordville Sunday evening, according to the Rock County Sheriff's department.
Sheriff's officials said the crash happened just after 6:30 p.m. on Wisconsin Highway 213 just north of Lang Road in the Town of Spring Valley.
Deputies said when they got to the scene, they found a car lying on its side, with the driver partially ejected and pinned underneath the roof of the car. Deputies said the driver, Sean Waterman, 32, of Brodhead, was airlifted to a hospital in Rockford with severe pelvic injuries.
The passenger in the car, Douglas Axelson, 26 of Brodhead, was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the sheriff's department.
Waterman faces numerous charges, including homicide by intoxicated use of a motor vehicle and operating after revocation.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend