TOWN OF SPRING VALLEY, Wis. - A 26-year-old Brodhead man is dead and another one is in the hospital following a one-car rollover crash near Orfordville Sunday evening, according to the Rock County Sheriff's department.
Sheriff's officials said the crash happened just after 6:30 p.m. on Wisconsin Highway 213 just north of Lang Road in the Town of Spring Valley.
Deputies said when they got to the scene, they found a car lying on its side, with the driver partially ejected and pinned underneath the roof of the car. Deputies said the driver, Sean Waterman, 32, of Brodhead, was airlifted to a hospital in Rockford with severe pelvic injuries.
The passenger in the car, Douglas Axelson, 26 of Brodhead, was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the sheriff's department.
Waterman faces numerous charges, including homicide by intoxicated use of a motor vehicle and operating after revocation.
- 2 men survive capsized boat wreck with only scrapes, sheriff says
- Debit card fraud reports lead police to skimmer in Richland County
- Fire burns rooms, displaces 2 families at Country Squire Inn in Wisconsin Dells
- N. Butler St. homicide: PD seeks owner, info on recovered Trek bike
- State AG: Constitutional carry bill seems reasonable
- Unemployment rises or holds steady in Wisconsin cities