MADISON, Wis. - Madison engineering crews will start repairing the Milwaukee Street Bridge just east of Fair Oaks Avenue on Monday, according to a release.
During the repairs Milwaukee Street between Fair Oaks Avenue and Walter Street will be closed, officials said. The closure starts 9 a.m. Monday and is expected to be closed through Wednesday.
Madison Metro buses will operate on a detour during the closure, according to the release.
Officials encourage motorists to use alternate routes to avoid delays during the closure.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls