LA CROSSE, Wis. - Authorities arrested a Wisconsin bride after her wedding reception for allegedly stealing rings that were on display.
The La Crosse Tribune reported the 58-year-old Onalaska woman was caught on surveillance video at a La Crosse hotel and restaurant where her wedding reception was held. She allegedly was seen taking a small case displaying rings from a local jeweler that was set up near the hostess station. An employee found the bride's bra insert near where the case had been.
The bride denied stealing the case when police contacted her at home Sunday night. According to reports, the groom found the rings while looking through their wedding gifts.
Police recovered 76 rings worth about $1,000.
The bride appeared in weekend court and posted bond. She has not been formally charged.
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday