LA CROSSE, Wis. - Authorities arrested a Wisconsin bride after her wedding reception for allegedly stealing rings that were on display.
The La Crosse Tribune reported the 58-year-old Onalaska woman was caught on surveillance video at a La Crosse hotel and restaurant where her wedding reception was held. She allegedly was seen taking a small case displaying rings from a local jeweler that was set up near the hostess station. An employee found the bride's bra insert near where the case had been.
The bride denied stealing the case when police contacted her at home Sunday night. According to reports, the groom found the rings while looking through their wedding gifts.
Police recovered 76 rings worth about $1,000.
The bride appeared in weekend court and posted bond. She has not been formally charged.
- Janesville man killed in crash on I-90 near South Beloit
- Milwaukee coroner: Skull found on vacant land is decades old
- Kenosha man faces re-trial in 1990 murder of woman, 18
- More than 100 people to lose jobs when distributor closes in Watertown
- Real-looking starter pistol held to man's head in planned robbery, police say
- PD: Suspected drunken driver goes for officer's gun, injures 2 officers