MILWAUKEE - Fans who attend a Milwaukee Brewers home game in August will receive a $10 voucher good for food, drinks, merchandise and game tickets.
Team owner Mark Attanasio said Monday the Brewers appreciate the tremendous support they've received from fans this season. He says the team wanted to do something meaningful to show its appreciation.
The Brewers are in last place in the Central Division, and at 43-61 are fourth-worst in the Majors. They're also trying to regain credibility with fans after slugger Ryan Braun accepted a season-ending 65-game suspension last week after admitting to violating baseball's rules against using performance-enhancing drugs.
The team says it expects attendance at its 12 August home games to average over 30,000 fans. That means the promotion would cost about $3.6 million.
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend
- 3 hospitalized, displaced in near west side fire